Sunday, April 7, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Splintered Memory by Natascha Holloway

Splintered Memory by Natascha Holloway
Genres: Contemporary Romance
My Rating: ♥♥♥
Splintered Memory tells the story of Matt and Charlie Grayson, a young, successful and charismatic couple that have been together since school.

The two of them seem to have everything - an all encompassing love, great childhood friends and a seemingly idyllic life. That is until tragedy strikes and one of them is left unable to remember anything about the other, their life together, or their love for one another.

This story will take you on a journey through heartache, hope, trust and betrayal and will leave you breathless for more. It will make you question your emotional responses and ask you what you would do, how you would feel, and how you would cope.

Splintered Memory is not just a story of the heart but of the mind as well. Memories define us and Charlie and Matt must find a way to overcome all the hurdles that fate puts in their way, in order to find a way back to love and to each other.


My Thoughts

I didn't realize that this story have a cheating hero... I'm all into cheating heroes. I actually loved reading cheating hero.. but damn it, I didn't like this one! I'm so angry right now. lol

SPOILERS AHEAD

They have been married for 10 years, the heroine had an accident and got an amnesia. The Hero couldn't coped up and accepted this so he cheated.. yep... cheated.. You want to know who he cheated with? His co-worker and Charlie's friend Emily.

I hated Emily for being a manipulative whore. She knew that he's married... and still.. grr!

I hated their friends because they were supposed to be supportive, but since Charlie can't remember them, they think that she's not the friend they knew anymore. I felt like they easily accepted Emily in their circle and forgot Charlie.

I hated  Matt... He's a weak hero for me. He cheated and blamed Charlie for not remembering.. I mean come on! your wife had amnesia! It's not her fault that she can't remember anything dammit! Just because she can't remember.. does that mean she's not your wife anymore? I know that when Charlie left him, he went down hill.  He got addicted to drugs, became alcoholic yada yada..  but still why give up on her so easily? My mind was just shouting to him saying "stop sulking and just.get.your.woman!"
He also let Emily moved in with him while he was still married. grrr!!!

I loved Charlie- she's strong and forgiving. What I don't understand was why did she go to Emily's apartment and asked her if they can still be friends... I was like... wtf?
I was rolling my eyes and just want to strangle her! How can you be friends with the woman your husband fucked?

I didn't like that everyone had a POV specially Emily.. It seems like the author wanted the readers to feel sorry for her. psh!

I think all the characters here are stupid except for Claire.

Half way through the book I was angry and wanted to just throw the darn book but for some ungodly reason I couldn't look away! I couldn't put the damn book down and ended up finishing it around 5am. The funny thing is- when I was done with the book, I was still thinking about it! lol

Sorry for ranting and don't get me wrong, this is a well written and fast paced story. I have a love-hate relationship with this story and I give this 5 stars because.. well despite all my ranting- I also loved it. I felt the love in Matt and Charlie. (I just wished Matt was not too weak)

In this story, you'll understand forgiveness and trust. There is just something in this that pulled so many emotions in me. I believe this is her debut book, and I am very impressed! It's been awhile since the last time I felt like this in a story and I applaud Ms. Natascha Holloway for getting in my head. ^_^





 Amazon
Facebook 
Blog 

Available: Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment