Monday, April 1, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: With This Kiss by Eloisa James

With This Kiss by Eloisa James 
Genres: Historical Romance
My Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥


Lady Grace Ryburn, the daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Ashbrook, has fallen wildly in love with Colin Barry, a dashing young lieutenant serving his country in the Royal Navy. When he returns home to exuberant celebrations, will he even notice the quiet wallflower he grew up with … or will he fall for Grace's sparkling, gorgeous sister?







Lady Grace Ryburn has accepted another man's proposal after the love of her life, Lieutenant Colin Barry, asked for her own sister's hand in marriage.

But when Colin returns home from the wars, injured in body and spirit, will she be able to turn her back and marry another? Or will she throw away every rule her mother taught her and try to seduce a man who has shown no interest in her kisses?






Lieutenant Colin Barry returns from the wars injured in body and spirit, knowing that he has no right to steal Grace from the arms of her fiancé. Yet the same warrior's spirit that won so many battles at sea is prompting him to throw propriety to the winds, imitate his pirate father, and simply take what he most desires! 








  My Thoughts

I'm a big fan of Eloisa James! She's one of my favorite historical romance writer and to find out that she released a book in 3 parts was disappointing for me. I don't know why a lot of authors are doing this installments. ugh. But luckily these three parts are being released just a week a part. So I'm kinda okay with it. I honestly did not start reading the book until I had all three parts in my hands.

"You're mine," he murmured, keeping his weight on his elbows.
Then he kissed her forehead. 
"Mine. My darling. My Grace"

This is one of my favorites from Eloisa James. I do love unrequited love stories and this one fits the bill.
It was heartbreaking to see Grace fall in love with Colin then just to watch him falls for her sister.
I felt her pain and shed a tear or two just by reading her pain. Colin is a great hero, I felt like punching him for being an idiot, he redeem himself specially when he realized his mistakes and was really in love with Grace.


"I love you so much that I wouldn't want to live if you leave me, or die before me, Grace. 
The earth would be dark without you. You are everything to me. Everything."

I think My Grace fits the title more. hehe. ^_^

Anyway, highly recommend this book if you're into unrequited love story. This is a wonderful story that will captivate you until the end. The epilogue from their children was great and I they will have their own stories too.. :)


Goodreads 
Amazon 

No comments:

Post a Comment