Monday, May 27, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Make Me Yours by Alla Kar

Make Me Yours by Alla Kar
Genres: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Publication Date: May 4, 2013
My Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥
 Hustler.

This best describes Layla’s life. Ever since her father passed, she has stuck to his rules: Never get caught. Never get too close.

Layla’s game plan is simple, make all the extra cash she can, to make a living during college, hustling people at pool. If that means, flirting, and dressing sleazy, then so be it. It isn’t until she catches Taylor Jack’s eye that her shield is in terrible trouble of crumbling. The tattooed, bad boy, campus Fight Night champion, has his sights set on Layla, and isn’t about to give up.

After a weak moment, Layla leaves Taylor on top of his pool table half-naked and wanting her. Now it seems like she can’t shake him, he is everywhere she turns. But, when Layla hustles the wrong guy, her safety is threatened. She might have to take down her shield so Taylor can rescue her from herself
My Thoughts

I give this a big fat 5 stars!

Wow! This book swept me off my feet! At first I was hesitant to read this book as it has mixed reviews and said bad typos.. but since I'm a sucker for sexy covers and possessive heroes- I just couldn't help but buy the it! ^_^

The first page got me hooked and wasn't able to put it down! I devoured this in one sitting! Someone mentioned this was a copy of Beautiful Disaster and I totally disagree! I love BD and yes there are some similarities but that doesn't mean the author just copied it. Make Me Yours is unique in it's own special way.

“I’m not getting hurt, Layla. Do you understand me? I won’t get hurt. I can take care of myself…and you. If you will just let me.”

Layla is a poor college student, pool hustler and lives by the rules her father taught her... “Never get caught” and “Never get too close”.. but those rules went out of the window when she met the sexy fighter Taylor...

All the characters are loveable, Layla is an great heroine.. she's witty and strong but behind that tough exterior is a broken soul.

Make Me Yours is a nice story- the chemistry between Taylor and Layla was great and the sex scenes are scorching! I didn't mind the grammar errors are I was so focused on the story and Taylor.. hehe!

“Your fucking mine now, Layla,” his whispers into my ear. “You just don’t fucking know it.”

Taylor.. gosh! where do I start with this man?! He's the boy your daddy always warned you about.. tattooed, pierced, sexy, super protective, alpha, possessive, awesome and the list just goes on! I love that he's adamant about what he wants, also it was super sexy that he's so confident and full of himself. lol.
Gawd.. and the way he talked dirty... rawr~!

Sorry for my fangirling over Taylor.. lol. I have a weakness when it comes to possessive heroes and really this guy is on the top of my list! How I wish this was a longer book.. and I was pissed that it ended with a cliffy... -___-

Overall, this is a great story.. it's hot, sexy, angst and highly recommend this book!

Ms. Alla Kar please release the book two now.. 



Amazon

Available: Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment