Friday, November 13, 2009

ANIME: Rurouni Kenshin



るろうに剣心
(Rurōni Kenshin)

Action, romance, and historical intrigue help make Nobuhiro Watsuki's Rurouni Kenshin, the tale of a wandering swordsman set against the backdrop of the Meiji Restoration, one of the most popular Shonen Jump titles among fans to date. Himura Kenshin, once an assassin (or hitokiri) of ferocious power, now fights to protect the honor of those in need.





I don't know why all of a sudden I remember this anime. =,=
I browse youtube and watch some amv's of the episodes..
omg~!! so nostalgic!
Oh well~ here it goes..
These are my thoughts/opinion about the anime Rurouni Kenshin also called as Samurai X.
One of the reason why I love this anime was because of the songs! XD
I mentioned this in my previous blog, about anime ost's. Rurouni Kenshin ost's are one of the great songs in the anime history.... well that is my opinion. =D
I have never heard of such a cool anime having upbeat songs before.
Even now - all of Rurouni Kenshin ost's are in my ipod. haha!
The art and animation was amazing. I love the way their eyes was drawn.
Good story and the fighthing = 5 stars!
One thing I hate about the story was the ending... well.. the ova ending anyways.
I was disappointed when I watched the last ova. Samurai X: Reflexion.
I was like...


"wtf?!" o.O
"hoho! No they didn't!"
"Why did he die?! and why?!"


I can't express how much I hate the OVA.
I cried while I was watching it. T_T
The ending in the manga is way different than the ova.
To make it short. ova = sad. manga = happy.
If I have to choose which one I prefer... ofcourse the happy ending.
But really.. the ova really hit me.
I was inlove with the series then all of a sudden they made a very sad ending to it.
Do I regret watching the ova? No. I kinda liked the ova ending too.. it's more realistic in a way...
But still... I hate it! >.<"

Haha! I'm crazy! =D
The anime has 95 episodes, but it doesn't manage to cover everything from the 28 ch manga volumes.
Action, Comedy, Drama, Romance, History are all clearly expressed. The OVAs also known as Samurai X, are highly regarded as one of the best anime OVAs of all time.
If you're interested, I suggest to watch the anime/ova and read the manga too.
Rurouni Kenshin is a good series.. and I mean really good.. I believe it's been 9 years since I last watched this, and I still think about it once in awhile... (still makes me mad!) now ---

Don't you think that's a good anime? =D






Fly~

No comments:

Post a Comment