Thursday, May 2, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Outlaw by Nicole James

Outlaw by Nicole James
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Adult
Publication Date: Apr 14, 2013
My Rating: ♥♥♥♥
When outlaw biker, Cole Austin sees a young woman handcuffed and being dragged across the yard of the Dead Souls Motorcycle Club's remote clubhouse, he's stunned by the realization of just how dark his world has become. This scene is even more than his twisted soul can stomach. Compelled to intercede and save her, he has no idea his whole world is about to change. 

He believes he's doing the right thing until a secret she's hiding makes him question if saving her may be the biggest mistake of his life. The two strike a deal, a deal they may both come to regret. Can his soul be saved? Is there anything he won't do for her? Are there some things he just can't? And are there some things she can never forgive?
 


My Thoughts

Cole watched a helpless girl in handcuffs being dragged by a man who owes him some money. He didn't want to get involved with someone else business but he couldn't stand by and do nothing. When the girl looks up to him, he saw the prettiest green eyes he'd ever seen and something twisted painfully in his chest... something that screams "mine". So he makes a deal.. pay him up or hand her over to him.

Abbie is terrified! She's been drugged, kidnapped, sold and raped by Chucky. Abused and handcuff for days the next thing she knew, she is being traded to Cole by gambling debt her captor owns. Cole takes her away with him back to his club house. At first, she didn't trust Cole, but eventually she sees that he is different.. that he actually wanted to help her and something about him seems to care for her. Cole strike Abbie a deal, find the guy who drugged and kidnapped her and make him and Chucky pay for what they did to her and she won't tell anyone what happened to her. She wanted a revenge and so they made a deal.. but as time goes by, they find themselves attracted to each other...


A biker with a soft heart...

I love Cole's character. He's edgy, possessive, alpha (when it comes to sex), caring and sweet in his biker way. But I don't buy the whole outlaw biker bad ass that the author is trying to portray Cole. He's a bit soft for me. I know he's battling with demons and a tortured soul but I just couldn't help to compare him to one of Kristen Ashley's biker heroes (sorry!) I didn't really see the bad ass from him.


An angel with a gentle soul...

Angel is your typical heroine- beautiful, young, innocent and naive. I didn't really like her in the first half of the book. First I couldn't help but feel surprise that she got over the raped incident right away..  Yes, Angel is a strong heroine but she slept with Cole within a few days of being abused and raped... If this happened to me and even if I'm with the hottest biker, sex will not be in my top priorities. I can understand that she trust Cole, but really? sex with him within just few days?! So unrealistic...
 

“God, Angel. This is where I belong. This is where I’ve always belonged.”

Both characters are easy to love, but COLE is my favorite. His character is more developed and can easily relate to. Though I was pissed when Angel comes back 3 years later and he didn't mention to her about him being a married man! grr!  but other than that, He is a one yummy biker! I love that he has this edge attitude but soft when it comes to her. Cole lives in a dark world and Angel is his light...

The sex scenes are pretty hot! Love it when Cole would get all alpha in bed, the way he talks dirty and possessive to her... sigh!

The book is worth the read even with the issues I had with it. I was hesitant to read Outlaw as it has mixed reviews but since I'm a biker fanatic, I just couldn't let this pass and glad I didn't! I believed this is Ms. Nicole James debut book and I'm very impressed!

Outlaw is a book you either love or hate and for me I love it! The story is divided into two parts, I didn't much care about the first half but I love love love!  the second half which is their present day!

I'm a sucker for epilogues and this book has one of the great epilogue I've read so far!
I highly recommend this book!

(っ◕‿◕)っ

Available: Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment